Like many of you we are all hurting financially through the Covid-19 pandemic. Tania’s Place is also in financial need in order for us to reopen our doors. There has been a lot of media attention on our program in danger of closing permanently and that our families have been trying to get confirmation from the Ministry of Community/Social Services to continue to use their Passport funding to assist Tania’s Place with their operational expenses. Many comments and concerns from people who are not part of our program are “why do we need funding to stay open?” Tania’s Place is paid directly by families who use our program. We can not depend on our families to pay out of pocket so this is why we are requesting assistance from Passport funding. Again, some people unless they own a business have no concept of how much it costs to maintain operational expenses. Although our building is empty, the Lights, heat, internet, phones, loan payments to keep things going and rent will not pay themselves without a revenue flow. Staff have all been laid off therefore funds will not go towards payroll. Our request from the Government to allow families to use their passport funding is NOT unreasonable since the Provincial Government announced they will be assisting Day Cares with their operational expenses. So our question is why not Day Programs for our special needs community? What’s the difference? That is what we are fighting for. If you want to assist us please email or write your local MP and MMP. Use what every Social Media you can to bring attention not only to Tania’s Place but to all programs who provide essential services to our special needs community. You can like our facebook page where you will get updates.
TANIA’S PLACE WILL BE SHUTDOWN AS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS. WE WILL BE CLOSED AS OF MONDAY MARCH 16/20 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE BE SAFE AND STAY HOME SO WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO SOME NORMAL LIVING,
OUR AMAZING 8,000 SQ FT FACILITY
Many of us know there aren’t a lot of high quality programs for young adults with special needs once they graduate from High School. There are very few, if any, quality Day Programs available in Durham for adults with special needs. We have helped well over 200 families since 2004. Our reputation speaks for it’s self.
* We offer programs that are not only creative but of the highest quality.
* We have been blessed with the most caring and highly qualified staff and volunteers.
* Durham Transit service providers are on board and do everything they can to meet our clients needs.
* Community Groups and other service providers have embraced our concept and goals and are committed to assisting our families
* Both Boards of Education have recognized us as a viable service provider and an option for parents.
* We have become one of the top training locations for both the Durham Board of Educations Personal Service Worker and Durham Colleges Human Services programs, GTA Colleges and local High Schools for their 2 credit Coop Programs.
* Of course we have the best parents in the world. They are always willing to assist in the continued success of Tania’s Place.
So what does this all mean? WE DID IT, IT’S WORKING and WE ARE GROWING after 10 yrs.
Thank you to everyone who has made Tania’s Place what it is…… a fun, exciting and productive place for our children to come to each day.
Tania’s Place is an Innovative, Original and Creative Day Program that services Adults 18 years and older and children/ teens 10 to 17 years of age who live with a Developmental and or Physical Disability. Here are just a few examples of what we will be offering. For further details please visit our programs and fees pages or call us at (905) 686-9532.
Copyright Francie Trajkovski. All rights reserved.